miércoles, 3 de febrero de 2010

Past Simple. Verb to be.


¡Hola a todos!

Hoy hemos empezado a ver el pasado simple del verbo to be.

Aquí os dejo uno de los ejercicios que hemos hecho. Se trata de completar los huecos que faltan en una conversación entre una madre y una hija. Hablan de John Lennon. ¿Os atrevéis con él?

Read the dialogue between Sue and his mum. Fill in the spaces with was, wasn’t, were or weren’t.

MUM: Oh, look at this old record!
SUE: Who is it, mum?
MUM: It’s John Lennon. He __________ my favourite singer when I ___________ younger!
SUE: ____________ he American?
MUM: No, he _____________ British.
SUE: I don’t know him at all.
MUM: No, of course you don’t. He died in 1980. And he ____________ very old – he ____________ only 40.
SUE: What happened?
MUM: Well, he ____________ in the entrance of his apartment in New York. A man shot him in the back four times.
SUE: Oh, that’s terrible.
MUM: Yes, I ____________ very sad. I cried all day!
SUE: Tell me more about him.
MUM: Well, Imagine and Yellow Submarine ____________ his most famous songs. But they ____________ my favourites – my favourite song ____________ I feel fine. Do you want to hear it?
SUE: OK, mum – play it for me!


Si queréis seguir practicando, en este enlace encontrareis más ejercicios:
http://wordpower.ws/grammar/gramex05.html#1



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario